Saturday, February 05, 2011

Delicious chocolate cake

I made a delicious moist chocolate cake this afternoon. I think what really made a difference was the first step, after I  creamed the melted butter and brown sugar, I added about a cup of melted semi sweet chocolate chips to the mixture. Then add two eggs, a dash of almond essence and mix well. Separately sift flour and baking powder together and then add this to the creamed mixture. Add about 1/2 cup of milk to make sure the mixture is nice and creamy. Pour into a well-buttered baking tin and bake about 25 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.

I frosted the cake with a delicious frosting made easily by melting chocolate chips with some butter and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Frost when cake is cooled. 

NOTE: this is not an exact recipe, in the sense I havent given any quantities, oven temperature etc that is because I am assuming that those of you who try this will already be familiar with a basic cake recipe or two.

No comments: